Wichita Police warning of potential holiday shopping scams
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - The Wichita Police Department is warning citizens of potential scams during the holiday shopping season.
The department offered these tips to be on alert:
· Don’t buy from an unfamiliar company;
· Always ask for, and wait until you receive, written material about any offer or charity;
· Always take your time in making a decision and consult with a trusted person;
· Don’t forget the power to hang up the phone when a stranger calls trying to sell you something you don’t want; and
· Don’t forget if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.
WPD said if anyone has questions about the legitimacy of a call, charity or email to call City Hall security at 316-268-4111.
Copyright 2020 KWCH. All rights reserved.